Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Hooker Holler Symphony
1976 Florida State Folk Festival
Randy Roberts, John McCutheon, Ricky Roberts, Pat Shields


Talk about blasts from the past. Guess where I found the above picture? On the web. That's absolutely scary. We were playing as The Hooker Holler Symphony at the FSFF by invitation, us being from West Va. Who keeps track of all this archival stuff, the History Channel? What else do they know?

I was bored this rainy afternoon, and the synapse hit me to was see what would happen if I Goggled Hooker Holler Symphony. There were news clippings, pictures, all manner of mentions of a band that disbanded in 1978.

Randy lives in Florida, John McCutcheon is still playing, and is almost household name. Ricky Roberts is in WV, playing music with Mike Morningstar in chicken wire bars. I'm still playing a performing with the Georgia Mudcats, when we get up the gumption to do it.

Google, Go figure!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I could make so many comments here.... it's Christmas, I'm going to restrain myself and just go with.... WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Of Immigration and De=mocratization

I will agree that things have gotten out of hand on the Southern Border with Mexico. Policies change with administrations, as if there was e...