Friday, September 7, 2012

I love riding the tractor in the cool of the evening this time of year. I usually bush hog the bottom field every year, early fall, to eliminate mature weed seeds. I never knew that dragon flies were skeeter hunters. While I mow they appear as silhouettes in evening sky, some 30 or 40, darting around the tractor snatching insects from the air. Close behind, but higher, are the brown bats, capitalizing on the insects escaping the wrath of the bush hog.

It is, indeed, a nice time of the day for me, and my new found friends.  It takes a couple evenings to complete, and I always try to prolong the job, just to enjoy the Dragonflies and Bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Immigration and De=mocratization

I will agree that things have gotten out of hand on the Southern Border with Mexico. Policies change with administrations, as if there was e...