Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Surveying the kingdom on New Years Eve

Two of my essential  lovely ladies

New Year's Eve: 7:30 AM, 2014

Sun's up. Nothing new.
Warmish /cold for twixt and tween
New Years and Christmas.
Guess my people just tried to
stay more warm and less hungry
1000 years ago.
So what's new? We're just more
comfortable here and now.
There are those who were comfortable
1000 years ago. Reckon?

When you fire the wood kiln, you have a lot of time to look at the fire. My wife says it's bad for your eyes. I think it opens up the secret passages in my brain. I call it free thinking...or as Click and Clack say" "Unencumbered by the thought process".

I find the past year went by like a roller coaster...fast, with lots of pleasant and unpleasant twists and turns and  ups and downs with the occasional unintended consequence. I picked that term up from Mr. Engineer, Bob Brown. As an engineer, he probably has been involved in many a "best laid plans".

So,

To all of you that I made happy: count it as a blessing.
To those I disappointed: give it another chance.
To those who learned a tune from me, pass it on.
From those whom I learned a tune: Thank You
 To those who reach for the sky: stop and smell old Mother Earth.
To those who help us, nurture us, make us laugh, or cause a great settled peace: God Bless. .

 Pete Seeger said "Well may the world go when I'm far away."

Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Immigration and De=mocratization

I will agree that things have gotten out of hand on the Southern Border with Mexico. Policies change with administrations, as if there was e...