Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Time flies when you're having fun

Haven't written a damn thing since March. Where does the time go? Well, I did think about writing a post a couple times since then, but the computer we love to hate is on it's last legs. It took 5 minutes to boot up until we got it "cleaned out", and now it takes only 3 minutes.

They say it doesn't have any memory left. Neither do I. The computer is a 2002 model Windows XP which Dell won't support any more. That is what's gonna' happen to my 3 G flip phone, non support. Well, I'm a 1941 model and still trying to support myself. I guess my technology and I are becoming redundant together.

I digress: Yes, time does fly when you're having fun.

The garden went in in March this year...and got frozen out. Late April frost. Replanted and it flourished. Canned some 100 jars of various tomato products. Garlic made some 150 lbs. I have to get rid of it before starting to plant again in late Sept. Gardens all gone except sweet taters.

I taught mandolin at Allegheny Echoes Music Camp in June....again. Went to Clifftop String Band Festival in August for 10 days or so...again. That's about it. Summer zipped right along. Life has gotten into somewhat of a rut. Same old same old. When I was in my 40's, I felt I needed  to "reinvent" myself. Ain't that called midlife crisis? It worked out pretty well, but I don't have the energy to mount an old age crisis campaign. Just trying to keep the wheels on what I got going on. Ain't giving no orders or taking advices.

This summer put me on notice I just need to let some things go. Can't do justice to it all, and don't feel the need to. It's hard dealing with a lifetime of various piles of stuff. Need to start simplifying my life as the "get up and go starts to went".

I ain't giving up on the fun part. Just downsizing the not so fun part before it becomes a bother. I got some fine junk, if anyone's interested in starting a collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Ain’t About Red or Blue , but We, the People. Remember this quote: "There are no winners or losers in war...only who's left...