Monday, February 22, 2016

Experience Is a Hard Teacher

I find I have lived long enough to have endured the election of approximately 12 presidents, more or less.

Disgusting, but necessary...not the living, mind you, just the politics. I have surrounded myself with Mug Wump ideas since birth. Mug on one side of the fence and Wump on the other. I promised at the onset of my Mundane career, I would steer away from politics, not the humor.

 I offer the following pleasantries that were sent to me by my cousin, Sandy. She lives in the northern latitudes. One would think the cold weather would keep most sane people in the house come primary season.  I rest my case.

I offer the following from my cousin...who found these on the internet. Someone did the research, bless 'em. I dare you not to smile.

The problem with political jokes is they get elected.

~Henry Cate, VII~

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office

~Aesop~

If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these State of the
Union speeches, there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven.

~Will Rogers~

Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even
where there is no river.

~Nikita Khrushchev~

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it.

~Clarence Darrow~

Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and
your opponents will do it for you.

~Author unknown~

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the
tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel.

~John Quinton~

No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Ain’t About Red or Blue , but We, the People. Remember this quote: "There are no winners or losers in war...only who's left...