Wednesday, October 23, 2019

The Energizer Bunny, The Twilight Zone, and the Human Connection.

Well, folks, here I am again. Finally convinced Google I am who I was on April 28 2019. They took finger prints, eye scans, blood tests, DNA and finally allowed me into my blog.

I began to wonder how things languish into oblivion; my blog for instance. I have is battery powered light in one of my closets where the old 33 record albums and the old guitars from the past languish, wait to be "monetized".

I got a hankering to find a song on one of the albums from the murky past...Joe and Eddy's "There's a Meeting Here Tonight". I always seem to be involved in the murky past. I just like memories and old stuff. I'm old enough to have 'em., and made them all. Why not enjoy it.
.
 Pardon my digression. I went to the closet, flipped the switch and the light came on, but  slowly got dimmer and finally went out. I remember putting batteries (3 AAA's) in it last time I went in there. Like July. They hadn't done anything but hang on the wall since. However,  "they was wore out", Damn a bunch of Energizer Bunny.


I've had both shoulders replaced. They was " wore out". Doc said we are out living our joints.  I've done a lot more with those two shoulders than the Energizer Bunny. False advertising, maybe, but batteries are batteries, right? You better hope not.

Batteries have become an evolutionary part of health care.  We are going to be subjected to battery technology. Pace makers use batteries. Hmm. Seems like everything is becoming more battery dependent, it ain't a bad thing, as long as the battery techs keep up with the medical innovations dependent on batteries. 

My mind wandered into the Twilight Zone.

This scenario developed in the 2 minutes it took to change the damn batteries. Wonder what Rod Searling's MO was? Did he have creative moments changing out flashlight batteries? He must have had lots of flashlights back then.

Here goes:

A man decides to drive thru Death Valley. Locals advise him to drive it at night. He is driving his new Tesla on it's first road trip. An hour in the trip the "mighty fine Tesla" begins to slow down, giving all kinds of red lights, but no help. The headlights go out. Fatal Error. The driver begins to search for Triple A. "Alexa, call AAA. Nothing. She doesn't answer. He tries his phone. Opps, the  phone battery gives it up. No charging port working in the Tesla.

 Confused, he abandons the car and start walking. Nobody in site for miles. Temp is near 90 at 2:00 AM. He feels strangely tired and his heart begins to flutter. He remembers the email. Appointment reminder to.replace pacemaker battery. He slumps to the ground, unconscious.

He regains consciousness to see a tiny gleam of light waaaay down the road. Angels? Two hours later he hears the clang of cymbals.  The sound gets nearer. He looks up to see a 5 foot Energizer Bunny. It stops, looks at the suffering man, sneers, and marches off into the night, cymbals clanging.

The next thing he  hears is a siren. He wakes up in a hospital. His pacemakers battery has been replaced. The Tesla towed to safety, and his cell phone recharged. No explanation from hospital. GPS is all they can tell him. Where did the GPS signal come from? (Twilight Zone music).

This scenario took about the 2 minutes it took to change the damn batteries. Wonder if that's what Rod Searling's MO was? Have a creative moment changing a battery? He must have had lots of flashlights back then.

Oh, I didn't find the Joe and Eddy  album, but I did find my Mama's old Autoharp, with no strings, and definitely no batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Ain’t About Red or Blue , but We, the People. Remember this quote: "There are no winners or losers in war...only who's left...