Friday, December 25, 2020

 

The Great Conjunction?

 The Damdemic has given me ample opportunity to gaze into the heavens at meteor showers, sunsets and how the sun and moon chase each other around. I was looking at the universe again tonight and last night and the night before. 

Now it's it's it's...The Great Conjunction! Seems a few Solstices' ago the Myan Calendar ran out, causing gnashing of teeth that the world would end, and there was a total eclipse of the moon that night.

So, I dutifully got my telescope out to catch the action. I found the telescope but couldn't find eye pieces, still haven't. Got old telescope out and found an eyepiece that would work! Went out on the back deck, it was on the horizon behind the trees by the time I got my tech sorted out.

Great Conjunction is sinking lower in the sky every night...Saturn about at about 4 o'clock tonight, Dec 22nd.

Gonna give this a try tomorrow night...or I'm gonna' have to wait a long long time to see it again. Opps, cloudy, so no show. It was all poor planning on my part. 

Suddenly a stream of conscience thought whackamoled my brain. Another solution. Reincarnation! Yes! 

This is out there, I know, but if you believe in re-incarnation, you might have another chance at this in another 800 years or so.

I have not achieved sainthood or mystic inner peace.  l understand that means I have to start somewhere below my present state of humaness, and work my way up to it, as I understand it, one life form at a time, all the while doing good deeds along the way. How can a crawfish, an owl or earthworm do good deeds?  I haven't a clue apparently Somebody Up There is making a list.

Adversely, there may not be human beans...or a planet earth, and the Conjunction will have to Conjunct for what's left if we continue our present course.

Maybe I will have morphed into a mountain goat, and stand on the top of my rocky world and survey all that is mine, nannies and kids included. The Great Conjunction will be overhead, and I STILL haven't found the eyepiece for my newly invented goat friendly telescope. I guess my goat eye will see better than my human eye, but I still have not found my my damned eyepiece.

I remember and old adage from somewhere in my checkered past that goes like this: That's Life, What's Life? A magazine. How much does it cost? 25cents. I only got a dime. That's Life.

Something else will conjunct in the heavens again pretty soon...maybe I'll get a beer, sit on the back deck and watch it on YouTube. Won't even have to look up! 

Attention Doug Hepler: Are you still committed to the total eclipse of the sun in 2024, somewhere near Alton Illinois, (where I was born on June morning in 1941.) The next solar eclipse will Conjunct on the path of of the 2017 eclipse at a point near St. Louis. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Ain’t About Red or Blue , but We, the People. Remember this quote: "There are no winners or losers in war...only who's left...