Monday, April 22, 2024

 

It Ain’t About Red or Blue, but We, the People.

Remember this quote: "There are no winners or losers in war...only who's left". A truly sobering thought.

I became a Dove long before the Dove/Hawk days of Vietnam. I was scratching my head over man's insistence on destroying each other. I listened to the news during the Korean "conflict". I became convinced that avoiding wars would be a good thing. 

Talk is cheaper than bullets. I know it's hard to listen when people you have issue with talk. Walk a mile in their shoes and then listen. It's easier to be objective, and have productive dialog when you understand the issues from both sides. 

I'm an early baby boomer, 1941 model. I was born six months before WWII started. We came together "in our finest hour" some say. 

The world remained in a state of war until July of 1953. Does war really qualify as our finest hour? I have a few  friends who never knew there father because of WWII, Korea etc. We are only who's left.  

Our country is barely a teenager compared to the age of many of the world's civilizations, Rome, China, India all have fallen to rise again from the ashes. There are lessons to be learned from history that led to the fall of centuries’ old civilizations.

Another quote, if you please.

“Old men start wars that young men fight”.  

 The United States of America is a resourceful country now being tended by old men whose time in the political arena should 'a, would 'a been over years ago.

My pre baby boomer generations “political” life was the mid 60's and 70's, ie Nixon/Clinton administrations, yet there are senators, congressmen, etc. from those times still stumbling around in the halls of Congress. 

I have nothing against old age and functionality. At 82 I do pretty well. 

Tractor Thinking #1

Garden plowing, road work, bush hogging and hay making are also tractor thinking time. Things just pop into my head and I follow down the rabbit hole. I thought about all the goings on just in my family and realize I can't keep up with the world any more. It changes so fast I'm left in the dust of my own generation. I came to the conclusion I like it that way. I could care less about smart watches, 80" TV, the latest "athletic" shoe or "smart" phones self driving cars or the #1 movies, the next best chef, concert or dance move.

Tractor thinking #2

We cannot afford another worldwide conflict started by old men sending young men to war.  The stakes are too high. Some say the population demands wars to push down population. That's BS.

There are to many unhappy souls with too many red buttons to push, drones to fly and triggers to pull. Why are the most popular games on X Box or whatever medium "war games". It's hard enough to tell friend from foe in this country just walking down a city street. We wring our hands and our hearts go out to families of senseless mass shootings, suicides, and senseless acts of violence.

There is enough chaos out there in the universe. Let it stay there. Have we forgotten about random acts of kindness, paying things forward, the notion of all good things come with patience? Instant gratification is the rule of the day, it seems.

Tractor Thinking #3

Why do we no longer teach civics in schools. I enjoyed my  9th grade Civics class.

Tractor Thinking #4 

When did politics become a bonafide occupation? It ain't a job for life, it's a civic calling. Why were Term Limits drawn into the Constitution if you just get a job as a congress person and stay for 30 years? Just heed the calling, do your civic duty at the local, state or federal level and go back home to your family and personal life.

Tractor Thinking #5

The formative days of our Republic were tumultuous from everything I've learned. My Uncle Red was a Lawyer and professor of Jurisprudence. He said there was always lots of cussing and discussing, sad talking and slow walking, but Compromise won the day and our way of life. We have had our dark days yet we still are the UNITED STATES of America. Don't give up on it now.

Compromise means eating some crow. Compromise is not an easy walk in the park. Compromise sure ain't what we see in our country today. Compromise means no one gets exactly what they want, but accept the decision made and move on to tackle other issues. 


Tractor Thinking #6

One particularly unsettling rabbit hole the tractor   introduced me to was the concept of politicians unwillingness to deal with issues. It is apparently less painful to fence sit, and play the blame game card than not being re-elected to the gravy train our present political system offers our politicians. One for all has become all for me and mine. 

Maybe Tractor is right

HEY, YOU GUYS, PAY ATTENTION, YOU MAY GET WHAT YOU WISH FOR and or WORSE.

WE the People are the UNITED STATES. WE NEED TO STAY THAT WAY!

Let's not forget that.




















1

We The People should not stand by and watch the baby be thrown out with the bathwater!

Be a critical thinker. Get information for trusted sources and make decision on valid data. It's the best we can do, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  It Ain’t About Red or Blue , but We, the People. Remember this quote: "There are no winners or losers in war...only who's left...